Student Paper Contest 2014
One of the leading think tanks in Central and Eastern Europe, the
Polish Institute of International Affairs (PISM) announces a Call
for Papers for its journal The Polish Quarterly of International
Affairs. This Student Paper Contest provides an opportunity for
students to compete and achieve recognition for their research.
The paper judged best in a review process by the Journal's editorial
board will be published and promoted accordingly, and the author
offered an internship at PISM. Applicants should be postgraduate
(MA) and PhD students.
Terms of competition
- We particularly welcome submissions on all topics associated with,
but not limited to: European Union, International Security, Eastern
and South-Eastern Europe, Middle East and North Africa,
Non-Proliferation and Arms Control.
- Papers should be written in English, be no longer than 1.500 words
(including references and footnotes which should be kept to a
minimum). Use 12 pt font and line spacing of 1.5.
- Adhere to the PQIA style guide to be found at
- Sample of article is available online.
- Papers should be original and not have been published elsewhere.
- Papers must be authored by graduate (MA) or PhD-students only.
- Co-authored papers are more than welcome.
- Submissions should be accompanied by a Paper Coversheet.
- Submissions must comprise three different electronic PDFs. The
first PDF should include the Paper Coversheet, with the research
text starting on the second page. Apart from the Coversheet, there
should be no mention of the author's name and no indication of the
author´s identity. The second PDF should be identical with the
first PDF but exclude the Coversheet. The third PDF should be a
curriculum vitae (C.V.).
- To be eligible for the Student Paper Contest, the two versions of
the paper and the C.V. must be sent electronically in PDF format to
firstname.lastname@example.org as well as to email@example.com no later than March 30,
- Papers will be reviewed anonymously by a judging panel on the basis
of the second (anonymous) PDF. The evaluation will be carried by the
- The degree to which the paper addresses issues that are significant
to the investigated research field.
- The extent to which the paper shows consideration of the relevant
theoretical and empirical literature.
- The extent to which the paper makes an original conceptual or
- The winning paper will be published in the journal The Polish
Quarterly of International Affairs. Furthermore the author will be
offered a visiting fellowship at PISM. The second winning paper will
be published in the journal The Polish Quarterly of International
Affairs and receive a subscription of the journal for a year at a
discount. The third winning paper will be published in the journal
The Polish Quarterly of International Affairs.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, CONTACT
Angelika Wyrwich, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org