European Association of Chinese Linguistics EIGTH EACL SPRINGSCHOOL IN CHINESE LINGUISTICS
When will it be held?
Monday April 29th – Friday May 3rd 2013
Where will it be held?
Charles University (Univerzita Karlova v Praze ), Prague, Czech Republic
What courses will be offered?
Christine Lamarre: Morphosyntactic variation in Chinese dialects
Claire Saillard: Sociolinguistics and language contact in the sinosphere
Lukas Zadrapa: Classical Chinese between Lexicon and Syntax
All participants are required to participate in all three courses.
Who can apply?
The EACL Spring school in Chinese Linguistics is organized for M.A. and Ph.D. students in Chinese linguistics affiliated to European universities.
How much is it to participate?
· An attendance fee of 75-100 will be charged (pending budget approval).
· Accommodation and lunche s are free, pending budget approval.
· Participants have to pay for all their transportation fees.
· East European students may apply for financial support with the CCKF International Sinological Centre at Charles University in Prague.
· All participants, except for M.A. students, are required to be or to become members of the Association at the time of registration.
Student EACL membership fee: EUR 15 (see the EACL website for further details).
How can the payment of fees be processed?
Membership fees and attendance fees can be paid by check, money order, bank transfer or at the beginning of the Spring School.
(i) Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English.
(ii) Proven interest in Chinese linguistics
Ph.D. students send in an academic C.V. containing the following information:
1. Name and contact information (incl uding M(ale)/F(emale) for the dorms).
2. Affiliated university and name plus full contact information of the advisor.
3. Wh ich year you started the PhD studies.
4. Main field of interest.
5. Short motivation: why do you want to take part? (The “motivation” is very important in the selection procedure).
6. Length limit : 10 lines for the motivation, one page for the academic C.V.
7. Format :. pdf only.
MA-students send in:
1. Name and contact information (incl uding M/F for dorms).
2. Affiliated university plus the name and contact information of one of the teachers whom we may contact for reference.
3. List of courses attended (incl. ects-points) which are relevant to the Spring School.
Applications and questions should be sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “EACL Springschool 2013”.
Use the author's name as the filename.
The EACL board deals with the applications and the selection process.
Applications must be sent before February 01, 2013.
Late submissions will not be accepted. Prospective participants will be notified by March 4, 2013. The board of the EACL functions as admission committee.
These information may also be found on the EACL website: http://www.chineselinguistics.eu/main/